Join us June - August 2023 for in person Summer Art Camps for Artists in grades 1 - 12
Join Artspace in 2023 for 8-weeks of fun and creativity during our Summer Camps for rising Grades 1-12! We offer week-long summer art camps in various mediums, taught by professional artists, who lead students in the creative process, encourage exploration, and produce one-of-a-kind projects! While creating, students have the opportunity to meet working artists and view exhibitions from national and regional exhibiting artists in our unique facility in downtown Raleigh.
Drop Off: 8:30 – 9am
Morning Classes: 9am – 12pm
Lunch + Early Pick Up: 12 – 1pm
Afternoon Classes: 1 – 4pm
Pick Up: 4 – 4:30pm
Register online, in person, or by phone at (919) 821.287. Online registration is recommended. Paper registration forms can be mailed upon request. Artspace accepts cash (in person only), check, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.
Per 3 hour camp: $150 members // $175 non-members
Artspace offers need-based scholarships for our Summer Arts Camps. Nominations will be accepted March 1 – May 8, 2023.
Each summer, Artspace offers up to 60 full, financial need-based scholarships to students living and attending school in Wake County to participate in our Summer Art Camps. We ask any families requesting a scholarship to submit a letter with your application detailing how your child/children will benefit from participating in Artspace’s Summer Arts Camp. We hope and trust that families who truly need assistance will apply. Scholarships are limited and awarded on a first-come, first served basis.
Scholarships will cover the cost of a half day or full day of camp for one week. Full day scholarship recipients will receive lunch every day free of charge from our lunch vendor sponsor (vegetarian options available). If you are interested in nominating a child for one of our scholarships, please use the Scholarship Nomination Form below. Any questions regarding scholarship nominations may be directed to our Education Manager Danny Peña at email@example.com. Deadline: May 8, 11:59pm
Get a Cool Shirt!
Get a cool shirt, celebrate the summer, and support Artspace in our mission to provide local artists with subsidized studio spaces, exhibitions in the heart of downtown Raleigh, and accessible community events and art education programs throughout our region.
Different colors and styles are available
Volunteer with us this summer!
Love kids? Love art? We’re looking for volunteers, ages 16+, to help out with our Summer Art Camps, June 12 – August 11! This is a fun way to get in some volunteer hours! Volunteer general duties include assisting instructors and students with art projects and supplies, classroom setup + clean-up, and monitoring children during breaks and lunchtime. All interested applicants must complete the following application form to be considered for this opportunity. Applications due May 12.
Family Members Save!
- Discounted camp pricing for Family Members and up
- Early bird registration extra discount: Members-only registration is February 15-28, and you’ll get an additional 20% off camps when you register during this time (only $120/camp!).
- Sibling discount with a Family Membership: you’ll get discounted member pricing for ALL the artists in your family!
Summer Art Camp Registration opens to the public March 1. Reserve your campers’ spots now as space is limited!
Not a member? Take advantage of early registration and member discounts by joining today! To receive discounts on Summer Art Camps, you must be a Family Member or higher. Questions on memberships? Contact Director of Development, Amy Etheridge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation, Refunds, + Rescheduling
We ask parents to carefully consider which dates they select. The option to reschedule is not guaranteed.
If Artspace cancels a class:
Artspace reserves the right to cancel a class at least 10 days prior to the start date if minimum enrollment is not met. If we cancel a class you will receive a full refund.
If you cancel enrollment:
- 30 or more days prior to the start date, you will receive a full refund of class cost.
- At least 15 calendar days prior to the start date, you will receive a 50% refund of class cost.
- No refund will be given for cancellations less than 15 calendar days before the start of any class.
*Credit card processing fees will not be refunded*
Pandemic Related Cancellations + Refunds
Artspace reserves the right to adjust classes in adherence with health and safety guidelines. Refunds and/or class credit will be provided if Artspace makes the decision to modify or cancel a class. All efforts will be made to maintain the current schedule of classes.
If a class must be cancelled due to illness, quarantine, or isolation, Artspace will offer pro-rated refunds to enrolled students for cancelled class(es).
Drop Off + Pick Up
Parents are required to bring their child into the Artspace lobby daily before class to sign them in. Parents of children 16+ may sign a waiver allowing for self-check in. For the safety of your children, curbside drop-off in front of the building or across the street is not allowed. Artspace will not be responsible for your child’s safety under such circumstances.
Parents and guardians are expected to pick up their child promptly. During pick up, you will sign your child out in the Artspace lobby and will be required to show an ID. Any adult not listed as a Sign Out Person (SOP) will not be allowed to check out the child. Parents of children 16+ may sign a waiver allowing for self-check out. There is a $5 late fee charge for each 5 minutes after the designated pick up time. Repeated instances of late pick up will result in dismissal from the program with no refund.
This year’s lunch vendor is Carroll’s Kitchen!
Staying all day but don’t want to pack a lunch? Order a lunch from our lunch vendor! Details and order form will be sent with your confirmation packet after camp registration. Vegetarian options are available.
At the conclusion of the Summer Arts Camp, Artspace will host a special celebration + exhibition showcasing the work of all the young artists who participated on Saturday, August 19, 2023. Students can choose to temporarily leave one piece of artwork to be included in the exhibition.
Location + Parking
- Artspace is located at 201 East Davie Street in downtown Raleigh’s City Market area.
- For drop off/pick up, you can temporarily park on Davie Street but keep in mind on-street parking is enforced Monday-Friday from 8am-6pm.
- There is a paid parking lot located at the corner of Martin + Person Streets or you can use this Downtown Raleigh Parking Map to find other parking locations.
As part of our mission, Artspace strives to be accessible and welcoming to youth with disabilities. If you have an accommodation request or questions regarding inclusion, please contact Oami Powers, Programs + Accessibility Coordinator, email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendars
Although you will receive an email confirmation, please be sure to mark the dates and the name of the class on your calendar.
Parents will receive an email with the subject line “2023 Summer Art Camp Confirmation Packet” one month before their camp begins. Completing this packet is crucial for us to ensure we have the most up-to-date information about your child including accessibility or accommodation needs, designated SOP (who is allowed to sign out your child), a self-check out waiver (+16), and photo release.
Questions? Please take a moment to read our camp FAQs here. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Danny Peña, Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Safety Policies
The safety of our community is our number one priority. Artspace is a public organization with open hours, visitors will not be allowed to enter classroom spaces. Anyone entering our building will be required to follow the protocols outlined below. These measures may be revised to align with changes to local, state, and CDC guidelines.
Health + Safety Measures
- Masks are currently optional in the public spaces of our building.
- Artspace Summer Art Camp staff and instructors are fully vaccinated and have shown proof as a term and condition of employment. Instructors are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing primary vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine, with, if applicable, at least the minimum recommended interval between doses.
- Artspace Summer Art Camp staff, instructors, interns, volunteers, and students will engage in increased hand washing and use of hand sanitizer. Artspace has sinks for hand washing available in each classroom and hand sanitizer stations in each classroom and throughout the building.
- Class sizes have been reduced to a max of 14 students to accommodate a safe social distance in each classroom.
- Artspace adheres to local, state, and CDC guidelines for enhanced cleaning practices and physical distancing.
- In the event that a spike in symptoms occurs, or a spike in positive COVID-19 diagnoses, Artspace reserves the right to adjust our “masks optional” policy and require the use of a mask within the affected class. Parents will be made aware via email if this policy shift occurs.
Safe Participation Standards
Artspace requires staff and program participants to meet the following health screening criteria to participate in programming.
If staff, instructors, interns, volunteers, or students are experiencing illness or COVID-19 symptoms, they will kindly be asked to leave the building. Students showing signs of illness or COVID-19 will need to be picked up immediately along with any siblings who are also attending programming.
The health and wellbeing of our students, instructors, staff and volunteers at Artspace are of utmost importance. Artspace will communicate with families if a staff member, instructor, intern, volunteer, or student within their child’s group has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
Eligible to Participate
- No symptoms of COVID-19
- No contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days
Ineligible to Participate
- Diagnosed with COVID-19
- Felt ill or experienced any of the symptoms of COVID-19 listed on the CDC’s website
- Been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed, showing symptoms of, or confirmed exposure to COVID-19
If your child has tested positive for COVID-19
- Per CDC guidelines, people with COVID-19 should isolate for 5 days and if they are asymptomatic or their symptoms are resolving (without fever for 24 hours), follow that by 5 days of wearing a mask when around others to minimize the risk of infecting people they encounter.