At the Front Desk
- One wheelchair available
- One guided listening device with audio descriptions for select exhibitions is available. Check out with a valid state-issued ID.
- A printed version of the artwork audio descriptions can be requested.
- Two pairs of Enchroma glasses (for visitors with colorblindness) are available. Check out with a valid state-issued ID. Please note: Enchroma glasses do not correct for all forms of colorblindness.
In the Galleries
- Exhibition signage uses large font, high contrast, and a flat finish for persons with low vision.
- All artwork labels are printed in 24pt Arial font in black on a white background.
- Large Print Gallery Guides are available with all exhibitions.
- All Large Print Gallery Guides are linked via QR code to a digital copy that can be read with a screen reader.
- Printed audio transcripts are displayed with all applicable video installations.
In the Building
- The building is equipped with an elevator that goes to the 1st and 2nd floors where all artists studios, classrooms and galleries are located.
- All restrooms in the building accommodate people with disabilities.
- A quiet area is located on the first floor in the Education Room. Please see the front desk attendant for access to the space.
- All studios have signage, including Braille lettering, for people with low or no vision.
- Wayfinding signage uses large fonts, high contrast, and a flat finish for persons with low vision.
- All artwork labels are printed in 24pt Arial font.
- A compendium of Regional Emerging Artists in Residence is available near the residency studios. Each page is printed in 24pt Arial font in black on a white background. QR codes in the upper right hand corners of each page link to digital copies that can be read with a screen reader.
- Service animals are welcome.
- Guided tours can be arranged in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASL interpretation for our exhibitions and special events can be arranged by emailing email@example.com
Questions / Comments
If you have an accommodation you would like to request for an upcoming program or exhibition, have a suggestion about our accessibility, or if you have a question about our accessibility, please contact Hannah Costner, Communications Coordinator at 919.821.2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.