Artspace is committed to increasing accessibility and broadening access to the arts; we believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the creative process. Everyone is welcome at Artspace.
Our galleries, classrooms, studios, and all public areas are fully handicapped accessible.
This guide below details the accessibility resources available throughout the building.
In the Building
- The building is equipped with an elevator that goes to the 1st and 2nd floors where all artists studios, classrooms and galleries are located.
- Service animals are welcome.
- The front door has an automatic door opener.
- Restrooms in the building accommodate people with disabilities.
- Wayfinding signage uses large fonts, high contrast, and a flat finish for persons with low vision.
- All artwork labels are printed in 21pt Arial font.
- Guided tours can be arranged in advance by emailing Danny Peña, Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASL interpretation for our exhibitions and special events can be arranged in advance by emailing Oami Powers, Programs + Accessibility Coordinator, at email@example.com
At the Front Desk
- One manual wheelchair available.
- One rollator is available.
- Folding stools are available.
- Sensory Materials available, including headphones and a small selection of fidgets.
- Two pairs of Enchroma glasses (for visitors with colorblindness) are available. Check out with a valid state-issued ID. Please note: Enchroma glasses do not correct for all forms of colorblindness.
In the Galleries
- Exhibition signage uses large font, high contrast, and a flat finish for persons with low vision.
- All artwork labels are printed in 21pt Arial font in black on a white background.
- Large Print Gallery Guides are available for all exhibition brochures.
- All Large Print Gallery Guides are linked via QR code to a digital copy that can be read with a screen reader.
Questions / Comments
If you have an accommodation you would like to request for an upcoming program or exhibition, have a suggestion about our accessibility, or if you have a question about our accessibility, please contact us at 919.821.2787 or by emailing Oami Powers, Programs + Accessibility Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.