Operations & Finance Manager
Deadline: April 25, 2014
Artspace seeks a qualified professional to serve as Operations and Finance Manager. The Operations and Finance Manager is responsible for all organization accounting, facility management, operations, and human resource benefits. The Operations and Finance Manager reports directly to and works closely with the Executive Director and communicates regularly with the Building and Finance committees of the Board of Directors. Along with other staff and Board, the Operations and Finance Manager represents Artspace at public and media events, and works as an effective and proactive team player.
Accounting & Finance
- Manage and coordinate budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with organizational strategic planning. Monitor budgets and develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Develop and maintain organization budgets.
- Responsible for all accounting functions, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, deposits and bank statement reconciliations, credit card account, billing, and collections.
- Prepares all monthly and year-end financial statements, tax forms, and monthly requisitions for grant allocations.
- Works with Artspace’s CPA firm in preparing the year-end audit and 990 Tax Return.
- Responsible for collection of past due accounts; working with Development Department.
- Maintains relationship with Artspace banker and monitors bank accounts.
- Manage outsourced payroll processor in the processing, administration and payment of payroll, payroll taxes and other payroll related functions.
- Ensure departmental compliance with internal controls and processes over transactions and financial reporting.
- Evaluate organization productivity and efficiency providing recommendations and rationale for improvement.
- Responsible for overall maintenance and upkeep of the facility and equipment.
- Facilitate all maintenance contracts, including close supervision of janitorial staff.
- Arranges for repairs and maintenance with contractors.
- Coordinates all capital improvements/renovations with approval of executive director and building committee.
- Manages building tenants including all artist studios and restaurant tenant. Handles all landlord issues including resolving tenant building complaints and renewing leases.
- Serves as primary contact with building security company and oversees security procedures.
- Supervises and schedules administrative assistant and part-time receptionists.
- Oversees the purchase or lease, use, and maintenance of all office equipment and computers.
- Facilitates supplies management from order to stocking (e.g. paper stock, light bulbs, etc.)
- Handles details of other business contractual arrangements, including business insurance, employee health insurance and 403B plan, credit card processing contract, etc.
- Maintain personnel records (e.g., W-2, 1099, Vacation, and Sick Leave).
- Conduct orientation with new employees, reviewing personnel manual sections that pertain to benefits and security.
A Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years in accounting and operations are required. Demonstrated experience and proficiency with QuickBooks. Experience in facility management and arts or non-profit administration is preferred.
Strong organizational and computer skills are necessary. Candidate must be comfortable working in an active office environment, and attentive to detail and follow-through. The position involves occasional weekend and evening hours.
Salary commensurate with experience and includes a great benefit package, opportunities for professional growth and development.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: Operations and Finance Manager Search Committee, Artspace, 201 E Davie Street, Raleigh, NC 27601, or e-mail to email@example.com. Applicants without salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls or e-mail inquiries regarding the status of your application.